Can you imagine arriving at Machu Picchu doing various sports along the way? Leaving the classic conception of trekking, but without leaving it aside, the Inca Jungle offers activities such as rafting, cycling, zipline and much more, without dealing with an excess of travelers and providing a new way to reach Machu Picchu. The Inca Jungle begins in the city of Cusco and ends at Machu Picchu. For 4 days and 3 nights you will cross the Sacred Valley of the Incas, then enter the jungle of Cusco to finally reach the Wonder of the World. NOTE: In order to receive detailed information about your trip, including when and where you will be picked up on the first day, you must visit the “Palotoa Amazon Travel” office (located on Calle Plateros 358-B) one day before embarking on your trips.
- Package / Tour: Inka Jungle 3D/2N
- Price 2023: USD$ 400.00
- Locations Visited: Inka Jungle 3D/2N
- Frequency: 6 Times of week
- Physical Grading: 1-2-3-4-5
Day 1 – Cusco – Santa Tereza: Bicycling (34 miles, 55 km) – rafting 2 hours.
The tour begins at 6 a.m., we will continue in our private car for 3 hours until we reach the Paso de Málaga (4,316 meters above sea level) (14,160 feet above sea level). This is where we start our mountain bike tour. Your guide will provide a short briefing and provide all cyclists with the proper safety equipment before the 2-hour descent from the mountain (approximately 34 miles or 55 km) to the city of Huamanmarca. From there, we continue our trip by bus for approximately 40 minutes until we reach the town of Santa María, where we have lunch and then we will have the option of rafting (level III and IV, during April-November) on the Urubamba River, one of the rivers. most beautiful that crosses part of the jungle of Cusco.
After rafting, we will have time to prepare our luggage and then continue with the trip. A mini ban will take us to the town of Santa Tereza, travel time approximately one hour, during the trip we will be able to appreciate beautiful landscapes, plantations and fruit trees, arriving in Santa Tereza we will present the hotel to them and then settle each one in their respective rooms, then We will have the opportunity to visit the thermal baths of Cocalmayo, it is one of the most beautiful places of the tour, there you can spend a relaxing time in its crystalline thermomedicinal waters.
At around 8:00 pm at night we will have an exquisite dinner, end of the first day.
Day 2 – Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes: Trekking (10 miles, 16 km):
After breakfast, we will go to the place of the activity that is zip linne where we can enjoy this beautiful activity, of course with all the safety equipment, then our car will take us to the town of hydroelectric to have lunch in a house of field, then we will start the trekking course to Aguas Calientes at approximately 2 pm. We will walk for 3 hours in the Aobamba Valley until we reach the Intihuatana sector, where we pass a government checkpoint and continue the walk. along the way and we will have the opportunity to see a series of waterfalls and admire the majesty of the mountains that surround Machupicchu and Haynapicchu. Here you will also have the opportunity to see an astronomical sundial used by the Incas, as well as other constructions such as the Inca citadel of Machupicchu. After 3 hours of walking, we will arrive in Aguas Calientes along the train tracks that lead to the small town. Breakfast lunch dinner.
(OPTIONAL CANOPY ZIPLINE: 100 soles)
Day 3 – Machupicchu – Cusco:
It is the most important day of the tour, the day we arrive at one of the 7 wonders of the world. Our last day of the tour begins very early in the morning, after having breakfast at the hotel We begin the ascent from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu at 4:30 AM, with the option of walking the 1,500 Inca steps and being able to see the exit of the Sun. (This is optional for those who want to walk) the rest of the group will take the bus that will take us to the entrance of the Inca city, 40 minutes by bus.
Once inside the city, your guide will provide you with a 2-hour tour of the citadel and the most important temples of the ancient Inca city (advance reservations are needed two months in advance, plus a fee of $ 15. There are only 400 entrance tickets per day to climb these two mountains). At your own time, you will need to return to Aguas Calientes (via stairs or bus) to catch a train back to Ollantaytambo, after bus to Cusco.
IMAGES INCA JUNGLE TOURS
- Professional English speaking Guide and Assistant Guide (for groups of 10 or more people).
- Pick up from hotel to the bus station.
- Bus to Carrizales where we start cycling.
- Rafting in Santa Maria
- Transport from Santa Maria to Santa Tereza
- Zip linne ( vertikal) in Santa Tereza
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
- Train back to Ollantaytambo and Cusco.
- Cycling equipment (bike, helmet, gloves).
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Food: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners.
- 2 nights in Hotel.
- First aid kit.
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes $ 12.00
- Bus from Santa Tereza to Cocal mayo ( hot spring) 15.00 soles
- Entrance to the hot springs of Santa Teresa (10 soles).
YOU SHOULD BRING
- Original (and * International Student card (ISIC) if applicable) passport.
- Travel insurance is essential.
- Rain poncho or rain jacket.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Comfortable pants, Shorts.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen (factor 20 recommended).
- 15% insect repellent DEET.
- Toilet paper.
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended).
- Personal medications.
- Photographic and movie camera.
- Swimwear (for hot springs of Santa Teresa.
Frequently asked questions
What activities does this package include?
– You have the option of exciting mountain biking.
– Tourist on foot (walking tour) in the typical Andean towns of Hidro electrica to Aguas Calientes. Also in the famous Machu Picchu Hydroelectric.
– Walks through the majestic geography of the region: mountains, valleys, rivers, canyons and finally the beautiful valley of the Urubamba River, where Machu Picchu is located.
– Hike to the Inca citadel and tour with professional guide. Optionally and for an additional investment you can do the hike of Huayna Picchu
– Enjoy the typical gastronomy
– The nights will be in hotels
– Relax 100% in the thermal baths of Santa Teresa (not included)
How is the part of cycling?
On day 1, we will arrive at noon at the Málaga pass (4,316 meters above sea level), after a relaxing trip through the beautiful Sacred Valley. There the mountain bike adventure will begin, descending quickly in the middle of the immense, massive Andean geography to the archaeological site of Huamanmarca, where you can choose between continuing the biking to Santa María or doing this stretch in our support car (the which will be present at all times). We will provide an excellent BMX bike and accessories such as helmet, visor, gloves, elbow and knee protectors.
How are the walks?
The Inka Jungle tour is also characterized by being ideal for those who like long walks. From day 2 to 4, it is what is most done. The hike begins in the heights near the snowy mountains, advancing through the unique, relaxing and energetic Andean geography. As the days advance, the tour approaches the jungle region, with a very pleasant climate and exuberant vegetation.
Does this tour include camps?
A very good question. Another element that distinguishes him is that there are no nights in camp. You will have dinner, rest and a very comfortable, revitalizing sleep in Hotel.
What are the ages required for this package?
A minimum of 10 years is recommended for any type of adventure, as long as the children have the necessary endurance, patience and discipline.
Do you need some kind of previous training?
A very important question. If you do not regularly practice hiking or some endurance sport, it would not be otherwise to evaluate your physical condition.
What type of vaccination is required for an Inca Trail?
A very frequent question too. The medical community recommends the following vaccines to be safe in Peru:
– Hepatitis A
– Yellow fever